Wednesday, June 9, 2010

is it even worth it?

Oh my goodness...sometimes i ask myself that question a lot!! Like right now, sometimes it just doesn't seem like life it worth all of the drama that's been handed to us. I don't know how we are going to be able to get passed this drama at the moment. It's something that I have to sit and ponder and figure out. I know that the scriptures say that the Lord doesn't give us more than we can handle...but sometimes, I don't think that I'm as strong as He thinks I am.

So here's the situation: Tony has two kids from his previous marriage that I have met like once in the 5 1/2 years that we have been married. We pay $625 a month for two children that we NEVER see. It's soo frustrating. We would love to be able to spend time with them and to enjoy them. We would love to foster a relationship. I strongly believe that a child needs to have both parents in their lives. I know what it's like to be a child of divorced parents...it completely sucks. I hated it as a child, and I can only imagine that they don't necessarily like it either. Here's the sad thing...Tony's youngest, Zachary, doesn't even know his dad. See...Tony has to have monitored visitation...i can't think of the right word at the moment. That makes it difficult when you have a nasty divorce situation. So, if he wants to see his kids, either his ex-wife or her parents have to be there. It would be so nice to be able to spend some quality time with these kids...anyway, here's what's going on now...In the divorce decree, Tony is responsible to pay for their health insurance...well, they are on their mother's insurance so we haven't been paying for it...mainly because Tony hasn't had it because he has the VA...anyway, Tony got to see his paycheck today and it was like a hundred dollars short....Barnes received a letter from the Court system saying that it's mandated that they take the insurance out of his check...so the good thing here, is that Tony has health insurance now...the bad thing, we can't afford to survive now. Oh, we can pay rent and the car payment out of my check but that's pretty much my entire check right there. The measly $200 from Tony's check is going to have to cover everything else. So there goes any fun money out the door. We were going to join the YMCA so that we can get back into shape but that seems to now go out the door. We were going to do a lot of things to the apartment to make it how we want it...but that is no longer going to happen. I don't understand how this is happening to us...I don't understand WHY it's happening to us. We are trying to get our lives back in order and everything is falling apart again. Just when things were looking up, something slaps us back down. I'm trying not to be all depressed about it and trying to make something cheerful happen...but it just seems like everything comes crashing at once.

I know this isn't a cheerful happy entry...and i can't seem to always make them that way, but it's something that I needed to get off my chest...so if you are still reading, bless you! Thanks for reading about my horrible day. Right now, all I want to do is go home and sleep and not deal with the world right now...but instead I am stuck here at work, wishing i could just be asleep. Ok, so I'm going to go look at cookbooks now...maybe find some awesome recipes to try! Have a great week everyone!

No comments: