Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It's been a while!

Wow! It's been a long time since I last made a post. It seems like life is just kinda flying by. So much has happened...and so much has fallen apart. Sometimes it seems like life is just blah...but sometimes life is exciting and adventurous. I'll give you some examples of things that have happened lately.

So, let's start off with my work environment. My former lead is no longer on my shift and things seem to be going easier now. The girl that replaced her isn't too bad and we get along for the most part. I seem to be leaving work in a lot better mood and have been getting along with others better! I still think people think of me as the office "bitch" but that's okay with me. It's a nice reputation to have! People tend to leave you alone when you have that reputation! The gossip doesn't seem to bother me anymore. As long as I'm not part of it, I don't really care! They finally got my computer fixed so I am able to sit at my own desk and enjoy staring at the wall and not really having to talk to anyone! I still talk to Ms. Evelyn and things between us are better. I don't mind Jessica, the new nightshift girl. She's a little know-it-all like sometimes, but whatever....people are how they are! So things aren't as bad as they have been and I like this new change. It's something that seems to make life a little easier!

Tony has entered into his 4th month of employment. He is no longer on probation! They seem to really like him and his work ethic. He's only been late twice and called in once. Not to shabby considering how sometimes life works with/for us. He hopes he's going to make lead soon which i think is a distinct possibility! He is also trying to make it so that he and I can have the same weekends off. It's hard for the two of us to have opposite weekends. It's hard when one of us really needs to sleep and the other wants or needs to get stuff done. I like to get as much done as possible on my weekends off...and that keeps him awake so he's miserable because he can't get any sleep...and it's the same with me...only Tony just sleeps way to freakin much in my opinion!

What else has been going on??? We joined the YMCA and are taking some water aerobics classes, which I love! We are also spending some time in the lap lane...swimming a 1/4 mile which makes me feel awesome! I haven't been able to do the laps the last few classes because I have to get a tooth pulled and the pain is just draining all my energy right now. I'm taking some major painkillers which seems to drain me as well. I think once things calm down with my mouth, then we will start back on laps and also start working out in the gym part of the Y!

My cousin had her bridal shower a couple of sunday's ago...it's so lovely to see people that care for her and love her. My family isn't like that anymore. It seems that since Grandpa died, my family is falling apart. Nobody really knows what it's like to live with someone with alzheimer's unless you do it. My family has made my mom's life a living hell. They have required so many different explanations for things that are really none of their business. My Grandpa would be ashamed of my family and how they act and how they treat their siblings. I just don't understand them. I don't even want anything to do with a lot of them....and that's just a shame. But you know what. I need to protect myself and look out for myself. I need to start surrounding myself with good, righteous, and courteous people...something many of my family members are NOT.

So Tony and I have started going to church again. The Bishop is such a wonderful guy. He's just been the sweetest person to us. The Missionaries came over for dinner and poor things, I didn't serve the best stuff to them. I feel really bad...hopefully they will give us another shot! I think next time, I'll make enchiladas and something fun for desert...like cherry dump cake or something like that. I made my awesome chicken, broccoli, rice casserole...but I ended up using low sodium soups and it just wasn't worth squat! And my banana pudding, yeah...we won't even talk about that! Oh, and the poor elders had to sit on my floor because we don't have a couch or any chairs yet...poor things. It just wasn't a good night for me. I promise it will be better next time guys! I swear it!

So, since the Elders knew we didn't have a couch...they found one for us...actually, it just kinda fell into their lap! Their neighbor was moving and asked them if they needed a couch and a recliner. Since they knew that we didn't have one, they called us and we are now the proud owners of a couch and a recliner. I haven't even seen them yet, so hopefully they are in decent shape!

So I have to go now...people are going to start arriving and I don't want to get into trouble! I'll have more later...i'm sure of that!

No comments: