Thursday, March 24, 2011

Did you miss me???

It has been a long long time since I have written. I haven't had the internet available to me much so that's why I have been gone. Did ya miss me??? LOL!!

So many things have happened since I last blogged. Let's see....where shall I begin!

So my landlord cam to us one afternoon and told us that she needed us to move out. That she was giving us 60 days notice to find a new place to live. It was one of the those "holy crap" moments. We had planned on being there for a while. We liked living on the Hill. We loved the neighborhood and being able to walk to the different restaurants and markets. We loved being able to have our animals. This was like a tragedy to us. We knew something big was up. Tony and I had even said something along the lines of us getting kicked out. It's so funny....the Spirit totally prepared us for what was going to happen. After going through the emotions of shock then anger then shock and then even more anger, we decided that maybe this was for the best. That day, I started looking at different websites....trying to find a place to live. I was a Craigslist fanatic at that point. I wanted us out of the bad situation before it got worse. Being totally motivated to find a place to live, I went for it full steam ahead....contacting everyone at Church, trying to figure out who was moving and if they knew of any places that were available....Talking to the missionaries to see if they knew of places that were vacant. Everyone we knew was looking for us. There happens to be a guy in my ward who is a property manager for a rental company. We hooked up with him and he was able to find us something that I am in absolute heaven in. I LOVE my new place. We are now located in Soulard....just 2 blocks from the Soulard market. It's on the edge of some not so nice part of town, but you know, I feel totally safe here. Tony has been at work and left me home by myself at night and I have no problems falling asleep. I am able to have Athena out of her kennel for most of the day...she is only in there when we are gone. I totally love having her around. She definitely brightens my day. So do my kitties! They are so much fun to have around....and totally makes me laugh a ton!!!! It's pretty fabulous!!! I'm gonna have to see if I can post some pictures here of my new house!!!

That's been the main thing that has happened since I last blogged. I haven't been able to do any crafts or anything yet. We are still fixing things up here. But it's just amazing to me how blessed we really are. We are so lucky to have gotten this place. It's the type of place that I have always wanted...it's home to me....it feels like a home and not just a temporary spot. It's comfortable and I am in absolute heaven. We are so blessed to have found something that while it's a little bit more than what we were paying, we have been able to make all the payments so far...we do need to still come up with the security deposit, but we are working on that! I will pick up all the overtime that I need to stay in my new home. I love it here and nobody is taking it away from me!!! I also think the Lord wanted us to find this place. I think that we are supposed to be here. There were a lot of prayers said that we would find the right place for us so that we can be comfortable and be in one place while Tony is going to school. I'm not worried about what will happen after he's done. I want him to be able to go to school and not have to worry about things that are beyond our control...or things that are within our control either. I'm really happy to be where I am....I can't wait to have people over so that they can see my new place...i didn't feel that way before. I didn't feel like anyone would want to come over to my new place. I didn't feel like having people over because it was such a dismal place. I hated that my neighbor smoked and you could smell it in my house. I hated that he would have loud get togethers at his place. I heard everything. I heard and smelled it all....and I HATED it. I hated the smoke coming in to my place...it was embarassing. It made me feel dirty and I hate that feeling. I have more desire to keep this place clean. I want to take care of my house. I want to make my house a home. I want people to feel comfortable here. I want to feel comfortable here. Something Tony and I really want to make happen is having the missionaries over to eat at least once a month...that's something that we didn't get to really do at the other place because of the embarassing smoke smell in my house. I didn't want them to think it was us that was smoking. That's one of the reasons that I got into Scentsy...was to mask the smell from the neighbors. While I'm really grateful for the opportunity it gave us to get down here to the city, I am really grateful that we stuck it out and was able to find a place that feels comfortable to us and makes us feel at home!!!!!

Wow...can we say tangent!!! LOL!! Sorry. This is getting long so I will go but there is so much other stuff that I can't wait to share with you now that I have the internet! I am going to be working on getting my craft stuff organized so maybe I'll share some things that I have been working on. And I promise to post pictures some time soon of my new home so that you can all see them! But now, I'm going to say goodnight and I will talk to you all some other time!

No comments: