Sunday, November 18, 2007

Just another day in Paradise!

Okay, so i promise not to be to depressing today!! I do have some good news so i'll share that first! TODAY IS MY LAST DAY AT EDS!!! For those of you who know me, you know that this day isn't coming soon enough! I have never been sooo blasted excited about it in my life. I'm sooo sick and tired of this place...It's the worst place to work at. Here's the deal for those of you who don't know! I work(ed) for EDS for almost a year and a half. I am actually a Kelly Services contractor who was supposed to get hired on at 6 months....when I interviewed with Kelly they asked me if I could go 6 months without health insurance because they wanted to make sure that I could handle that. I told them that was probably as long as I could go without it because i get sick pretty easily...especially since my blood sugars would be through the rough for that long...this place would literally be the death of me....ooops...that was depressing! Anyway, I said that wasn't a problem and was excited to get hired on....well, it never happened.. Anyway, I wanted to go home for thanksgiving and Christmas because, 1. grandpa is sick. 2. my neice has cancer. 3. i hadn't been home in almost 8 months and i just wanted to get to STL before i lost my mind! Some would say too late but bite me!!! So my boss told me that if i could trade with someone then I could go home but how many people do you know would be willing to work the weekend after the holidays...let alone the weekend in general! Well, nobody would trade with me so i decided that this was the push to get me outta here...I've wanted to quit for a while but was just to darn lazy to do anything about it! So here i am, getting ready to get out! it's about darn time!!! I'm soo excited! My boss is being a nice guy about it all too and wishing me luck with my new job...i think there's going to be a big party held in my abscence! How rude! I know a lot of people don't like me here and i really don't care...because i probably can't stand them either.

Oh and more good news! I get to home in 2 days! I got to talk to my grandpa today...He seems to be in great spirits. He just loves having all of his girls home and loves this being pampered by his girls....soooo...we shall see what's going on! Hope all is okay!

Well, i'm out for the day! I probably won't be able to post more until i get home. More like on Wednesday! I'll let you know how things are going!

1 comment:

Martha said...

I hope everyone in your family is doing okay...I'd want to go home, too. Are you diabetic??