Friday, March 19, 2010

Life is good...for the moment!

Have you ever felt like wow...life is finally all it's cracked up to be. Things are looking up for Tony and I. With Tony's new job, it looks like we will be able to move out of the "dungeon" and move into a wonderfully small apartment that is just perfect for the two of us and the animals! We went to the gourmet grocery store, DiGreggorio's, today to see if the apartment was still available...the lady we needed to talk to is on vacation so we will find out on Monday if it's still available and if so, we hope we can talk her into saving it for us for another couple of weeks until we can get her some money!! Oh, I hope we can get this place. It's perfect for us. It's on the second story, not crazy bout the steps but i need the exercise. There are a couple of drawbacks for us...like no laundry hookups and no yard, but it's in a location that we love and we can walk the dogs to the park that is really close by. We just have to be dilligent on picking up after them. We don't want angry neighbors because of our sweet girls! All we still have to do with Galahad is get him used to the dogs. Oh how he growls and hisses at them. It's actually quite funny. Today we had all of the animals in the living space of the basement so that the girls could get a drink of water and oh boy, did hilarium preside. Galahad apparently doesn't like them much! The hissing and the growling and Lulu being rambuctious self...it was great! Lulu didn't know how to react...everyone loves her, right?? Apparently not!! She has never come across this hostility before in her short little life! I can't believe she's 3 going on 4!!! But alas, he will have to get used to her excuberance eventually!

Tonight is the last night that I have to work before my vacation!! I'm so excited. I know I was just off work because I was sick but still....this is a vacation. Completely planned!!! I am going to start packing and going through my stuff. I know I promised to go through all of my scrapbooking stuff before the end of March but well, let's face it, I'm just not motivated enough to get that done! I think when we pack to move, that's when things will be purged. Some of my family members are doing this 40 bag purge....well, I obviously don't have that much stuff to throw away but i think I'm going to go with a goal of 10-15 bags...I wonder how many bags an old bed will take!!! I will definitely have to figure out what we need to buy. There were some things that we didn't take from Tulsa because we thought that we didn't need them anymore but apparently that's not the case. I know we needs some new pots and pans so I'm going to start looking for those and see what kinds of deals that I can find. I have an idea of what kind I want but I just need to find them on sale...why is it that everything seems to be so expensive these days??? I also know that we need to get a new couch and a new tv. But those are some things that can wait until we get down there and figure out how we want to decorate our new place. Oh my, so much to do and so little time. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

So tomorrow we are going to spend some time with friends...let the vacation begin! I get to spend some time with my cousin on Wednesday and help her with her wedding plans. I also get to spend some time with my husband before he starts his new position at Barnes. It's so awesome that he and I have pretty much the same shift. There's like an hour difference so that's not that big of a deal. He will start at 1030 and i start at 1130. But other than that difference, we pretty much have it good! I'm sure that I will have plenty of fun stories to tell about his working in housekeeping. We aren't sure but we think that he actually has the lead position. Let's hope so!! Anyway, that's all for now! I'm tired and my fingers hurt!!! Talk to you soon!

No comments: