Saturday, May 29, 2010

It's been a while!

Wow!!! I can't believe it's been almost an entire month since I last blogged...Life has just been totally chaotic! And I'm loving every minute of it! We finally moved to our own place. We are in heaven...now if only we can just get everything organized and unpacked...we would be in a fabulous spot! We love our apartment. It's so fabulous and just perfect for us. The girls can be out more and the cats have more room to play...especially when the dogs are in their kennel for the night! We have our own kitchen!!! We don't have to eat out as much...that's soo nice! It's just a cute little place on the Hill in St. Louis! It's so nice and peaceful...you wouldn't even know we were in the City. That's how fabulous it is! So close to awesome restaurants and neat stores. We went to Vivano's today to get some spices that we didn't have anymore. It's such a neat lil Italian market. We picked up some noodles and our spices and went on home! We stopped at Volpi too to pick up some Salsiccia links to have for memorial day. It was so funny today. We were parking the car to go to Volpi and there was these random things attached to someone's fence...I said to tony "is this a shop or a garage sale?" It was a garage sale!!! It was so funny!! I wish i thought to take a picture! Totally awesome!! Oh, that reminds me...when we were going through some boxes we moved from OK we found the camera. I'm almost sure if it had been packed in our stuff that was at our friend's apartment, it would have been gone. Such a shame...to think we trusted him...but I digress! So excited to finally have a camera..now if only we can find the memory cards, we will be in great shape!

What else is going on?? Oh yeah...I have been able to get in on some overtime this month...thank goodness, we really need it!!! It's going to be interesting to see if we can really survive out here on our own. We have been sheltered so much living with our parents that it's kinda scary to be on our own. We need so many things to make this place livable and we need to fix some of the things that are in the place...our ceiling fan went out today...that doesn't make me happy!

It's nice being able to reconnect with Tony as a couple on our own...not as a couple in our parents basement! We can make our own decisions and suffer the consequences ourselves without having anyone say "See...i told you so!" We get to say that to ourselves...LOL!

So I am reading this new book series and I actually kind of like them. I have a hard time finding books that interest me that I haven't already read. But these are pretty good. I still think I like the Twilight series better, but what can you say...it seems like once your read one vampire series, you've read them all! But this one is interesting..It's called Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead! It's a series of 5 different books. I'm on book number 3 at the moment and just started them on Monday! They are actually not to bad. I recommend them for some light reading if you can't find anything else to read!

The first book is called "Vampire Academy":





The second book is called "Frostbite":


The third one is called "Shadow Kissed":

When I get to the other books, I'll post their pics! These aren't bad...you should give them a shot if you like vampire books. Again, I really am a Twilight fan and like those better but these are not to shabby!!
I guess that's all for now...not much else going on. More to come i'm sure! Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: