Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A new opportunity

Hi all!! So we had a wonderful weekend and it's been a pretty good start to this week. My cousin Emma got married this last Saturday at a vineyard in Ste. Genevieve, MO. It's called the Cave vineyard. Yep...only my cousin would get married in a cave!!! LOL!! It was absolutely gorgeous. Candles everywhere made it a romantic and just a lovely reception. I have never seen such a wonderfully happy couple. Evan is just such an awesome guy for her! I think it's a match made in heaven! As soon as I can get some pics up, I will be sure to post them. I wanna make her a lil scrapbook album of her wedding photos that Tony's dad took. He is quite the photographer when he takes the time! I'm actually very impressed with some of the pics that I have already seen. Emma just glowed with happiness. The ceremony was lovely. The pastor said some wonderful things about marriage and i even loved how he added that they can be married for eternity. I thought that was a beautiful sentiment. As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we believe in eternal marriage as long as a person is sealed in the temple. Emma isn't a member of the Church and neither is Evan. I like knowing that they still have a chance at eternity even though they aren't sealed together in the temple. I'm not sure how the Church would feel about a pastor from another church saying that married couples will be together for eternity, but when this one said it, it felt completely right to me. Now, I'm not saying that what my church says is wrong, but one of the things that always bugged me is that why are we the only ones that can be with our spouses for eternity. Why can't other couples who aren't member be together for eternity? Why does it just have to be us? These are just one of the things that bugs me and some of the questions that I have. I don't really know why I am questioning things that I have grown up knowing to be true...or maybe I just thought they were because my parents told me they were...and as a child, a parent knows all! I don't know. It's just something that I need to work out for my self i guess!

So anyway, back to why this is titled "A new Opportunity." I had a job interview today for a position that I really hope that I get. It's a new position in the Telemetry department. Basically it's a receptionist position but there is more opportunities to grow in this position. I will start out at the bottom but since this is a brand new position, there won't be many people starting with me. So as the department grows, I may be able to be a trainer or a lead. Maybe even so far as a supervisor eventually. I really like the manager of the department. I think it would be a great fit for me. It's a 12 hour shift, 3 days a week but I would be paid for 40 hours. I am really hoping that I get this job. I did the best I could with the interview, now it's up to Christi...my supervisor now. I really hope she doesn't block me in this new opportunity. I really want it!

I will definitely keep you posted and hopefully there will be some awesome news down the road. Right now, I am just trying to make it through my shifts and hoping that each day, I still have a job to come to. Christi seems to be going through a firing and hiring phase!! All I can do is come in and do my job to the best of my ability and hope and pray that's enough!

Oh well, have a great night. I'm gonna take a nap!!! LOL!!! Not likely!

No comments: