Wednesday, January 27, 2010

inside out brussel sprouts

Now I know many people don't like brussel sprouts...but oddly enough, they are one of my favorite veggies....now I say "oddly enough" because I hate most veggies. Wierd huh! Anyway, I found this recipe and can't wait to try it...I thought I would share!

1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
1 med onion, chopped
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 obs ground beef
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen brussel sprouts
2 cans (15 oz each) tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 tsp dried thyme

directions

In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Cut and X in the core of each brussel sprout. Shape a scant 1/4 cupful around each frozen brussel sprout to form a meatball. Place in an ungreesed 15x10x1 baking dish.

Combine tomato sauce, water and thyme; pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink.

Yields 8-10 servings


I can't wait to try this! It sounds fabulous! You can't go wrong with your favorite veggie and a meatball right?? I will definitely let you know how it goes and what else we served with it!

2 comments:

Clinton Home Educators said...

Wow. That's a lot of learning! Good luck with the apartment! That sounds awesome at an awesome price!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jen...It's unfortunate that I'm learning some of these things the hard way but what you gonna do!!??? At least I'm not going to make the same mistakes twice! At least I hope not!