Thursday, July 22, 2010

A constant state of confusion

Holy cow....i had no idea that transferring positions was going to be so freakin difficult! Don't get me wrong...I am so freakin excited about this new position and the new possiblities and new work environment...I just hope all this drama is worth it!!! Okay, so confused yet?? Let me tell you what's going on! Here's the latest scoop!

So a last week, my boss brings me into her office and asks me if I think that she's blocking my transfer or whatever. I'm obviously going to say no!!! Duh!!! Anyway, I'm not really sure if she even can...who knows!! So, the a few days after that, I get an interview with the Telemetry department for a brand new position...so new that they don't even have a job description of what I'm supposed to be doing! I'm all excited. I am so thrilled with this opportunity! My interview went great...I could just feel the acceptance after this interview...I knew that I nailed it! So, a transfer to a new department is what I have wanted since day 2!! I was stoked! A new office, a new software program, a new position, and a new boss, and new people to get to know! Rock on! Easy Peasy right?? Uh, since when has my life ever been easy??

So, I get offered the position after Michelle, my new manager, spoke with Christi. The day after that I accepted the position with HR, I went in to speak with Christi to let her know that I accepted the job and that I was hoping for a release to a different position. She told me that she was going to grant my release but she didn't have a start date for me and I couldn't leave until she found a replacement for me...or two weeks, whichever came first. The way it sounded to me was like I was never going to get out of here...so Tiffany completely panics! Holy Crap!! She really is going to try and block this transfer...that was my first thought. Fast forward a few days...Christi calls me in to give me my review...which was perfect by the way!...and then she tells me that my last day is Sunday....uh...what?? Like 2 days ago, it sounds like I'm going to be stuck here forever and then all the sudden I'm out in less than 2 weeks!!! So here I am, a transferred person with an awesome job waiting for me...the problem...my job wasn't going to start until Aug. 16th. Yeah, 2 weeks of nothing to do for money! So, that's not the end of the world...I can handle a couple of weeks of vacation!! Uh yeah, so now it's changed again...yep...this is the confusing part...I'm supposed to report to my new manager on Monday. The poor woman has no idea what to do with me for a MONTH...yep, you read that right. They changed the stupid date again...our move in date to our new office is now Aug 31st. Anyway, my training date isn't supposed to be until Aug 23rd now....oh boy! What am I supposed to do for a freakin month??? Well, let's hope something comes out right with this transfer!!! Wish me luck! Sheesh!

No comments: