Sunday, April 25, 2010

Just another day in Paradise

You know, I actually really like that song...but that's not how I look at things here at the hospital! Thanks to stupid moronic people calling and the people that I work for...this is more along the lines of a nightmare than paradise. I mean, seriously. So, I get this guy calling, "Transfer me to St. Louis University Hospital"....not that big of a deal. I have no problem with that at all. Easy call. Until he calls 5 times looking for SLU hospital. So I offer to give him the number so that he can dial directly. He says the number before I can even look it up....what the crap? Call it yourself instead of Barnes. Oh and here's another one that I go yesterday..."I'm 9 months pregnant and I am going to the bathroom like every 2 minutes...is my water broken?" Wow...first of all, I've never been pregnant and I have no idea....but really...if you are that worried...get your butt to the ER. DUH peeps....use that thing in between your ears!!!

Okay, so enough venting for the moment.

We are getting ready to move. It's so hard to work this shift and not be completely exhausted by the time you get home....so here I am...working midnights, working on packing up the place, and trying to get some craft projects done...all on my day off! Not working well. I am so tired on my days off because of working this shift that some of them..all I want to do is sleep! And then nothing gets done because I'm either too tired or asleep or not feeling good. Oh, I think I may have found a new doctor...one that might actually work with me...I certainly hope so! I will see him for the first time on May 4th. We shall see what happens with that! I really want to get back on my insulin but I'm really tired of poking myself 30 times a day. My stomach got so sensitive that I could barely put clothes on....that's not good! So hopefully he believes in an insulin pump right off the bat! I think that will be my best bet for getting my health under control. I really want to feel better. I'm tired of feeling sick all the time!

Anyway, I have nothing really exciting to report. My life is pretty dull right now except for the moving to my own apartment!!! I can't wait to be on our own. It's going to be so nice not having to rely on others for things...although, it's been nice to have mom cook every once in a while...and I really like sharing ideas and things with her as well. Wonder how this is going to work when we move. I can't call her all the time, but it's nice to have my mom to bounce ideas off of. Oh well, I guess I'm going to have to rely more on Tony than before!!! I think this will be good for our marriage....which I kinda feel is in a rut. I don't know...maybe it's just the blues or something but I feel like there isn't enough excitement. Maybe when we move things will be better...at least that's what I'm hoping!

Oh, before I forget. You know how I wanted to get all my scrapbooking stuff organized in March. Well, it didn't quite happen then...but I got a good start on it now. See, I had this huge gold colored tote and it was completely full of scrap crap...well, it's organized now and is just waiting to be moved. I'm so excited that I was able to get that organized...I feel so much better about it. My mom and I went through it and got rid of a bunch of stuff...like scraps of paper and things like that. things that won't ever get used again! It's such a relief! Now if only I could get everything else organized!

Time to take a nap. I'm so flippin tired. It's going to be a long night here at Barnes. I'm sure I'll have other stupid phone calls to tell you about later!

Night for now!

No comments: