Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Me and my Big Mouth

Have you ever had a problem with just shutting up when it's appropriate? I have that problem all the time. Sometimes it gets me out of trouble but most of the time it just makes things worse. I have that problem when I get especially nervous and it's starting to get worse. Drives me up the freakin wall!!! Why is it that when I am in the middle of something that I want so bad, like a different job, that I just can't shut up?? Ugh!!! That's all I have to say!!! It's obnoxious. So, I never really had that problem until I started working here at Barnes. I think that I actually talked myself out of the last job by talking too much. AND, my mouth seems to be getting me into trouble in the office so I'm going to start something new. I am just going to to say hi to the people in my office and be friendly and then I'm going to shut up and not say another word the rest of my shift unless I'm spoken too. You know how most people give up something for Lent...well, I'm giving up social talking at work for the rest of my career here...unless I'm asked specific questions!!! Yep...it's going to be quite the challenge but I think I'm up to it. So, I decided that there has to be a reward for all my silence right!!! Here's what I want:






Yep...a cuttlebug!!! And then the longer that I'm good, the more cuttlebug folders that I will have! Until I have all the folders that I want so I guess that this is a good thing...Now, what should I do if I screw up...hhhmmm...I need to think of a good punishment for myself. Dang, I have no idea what to do if I make a mistake....it can't be too horrible because it's not that horrible of a thing. I know what i can do...i will have to eat a salad if I mess up....now, I know that that might not seem so horrible to any of you but I truly hate salads. I hate them with everything that they are. They are the worst food in the planet as far as I'm concerned...so this would be an appropriate punishment. They won't be anything fancy and maybe I will lose a bunch of weight on this new project of mine...but that's what I'm gonna do! So excited by this new challenge! Wish me luck!

Okay, so I think I'm gonna go and pay attention to my job for now. I put in two new applications yesterday so maybe something will come out of those!! Wish me luck please!!! Talk to you all later and I will definitely keep you updated...Who knows, this may just be the challenge that I need!

No comments: