Saturday, April 10, 2010

Just another week in paradise...or something like that!

So this week has been interesting. I never really know where I stand in my office. They constantly keep me guessing. Do they like me or do they hate me today is usually the question that gets asked. Maybe hate is a strong word, but sometimes it seems to fit. I don't know why it's this way and i haven't quite figured out a way to change it but I have learned to live with it and just let life take it's course. I strongly believe that what people do and say tends to come back to them. So with that in mind...I will continue to be the person that I am and everyone will just have to live with it because I happen to like who I am and I'm not going to change just because some people don't like it...but I do have one thing that I must get off my chest and then we can move on....I work with a bunch of women in my office and they all love to gossip and throw temper tantrums. They are grown women...keep that in mind. So, why is it that if someone has a question regarding work, why can't they just ask it to the person sitting next to them?? I have only been here for a little over a year. I see this position as my foot in the door. I never intended to stay longer than a year...and i'm looking for a different position here in the hospital. I just hope i transfer soon!





Anyway...on to something much more fabulous!!! I am in the mood to scrapbook. I am tired of not doing anything creative and right now beads are just too expensive so I am on my scrapping kick again!! I have a bunch of projects that I can do. I now have a new cousin and it's a girl...so i thought that I'd make her a picture frame...and then I have another one that I want to make for Dale and Julie for a family pic they took in Hawaii. Oh, and can't forget my boys need theirs done too....two kitty frames coming right up!!! I thought that I'd try and get them done before we moved. Oh I am in the mood to scrap!!! Now I just need the time to do it!





So I have this fabulous machine called a cricut expression.



I love my cricut...it's such a neat little machine. I am a very proud owner of 9 different cartridges. I am so excited. Here's a little thing behind my excitment.

So I wanted a cricut since they came out. I love 'em. The only thing is they were and still are so expensive. With Tony and I not working much in OK, there was no way we were going to be able to get one. So this last year, Walmart had one on sale for Black Friday...the day after Thanksgiving. Well, I couldn't pass it up at all. There was NO way that I was going to find it any cheaper and I was dying for one....so Tony and I sacrificed a lot of things, and I got my bug!!! I was so excited. It took me a while to get comfortable buying the cartridges because they are so expensive at the store...but then I discovered cheap cartridges on Ebay!!! I am the proud owner of 9 like i said earlier!! 2 came with the machine and the rest have been purchased off of Ebay!! Oh thank heavens for the internet!! You know, there are over a hundred cartridges for this machine!!! Holy Crap was my first thought!

So anyway, I went on and on about a machine and now I am going to be able to create beautiful things!!! I am so excited!! I can't wait to get into my new apartment and begin the decorating!!! Fun Fun Fun!!!

No comments: