Sunday, February 28, 2010

Gonna try and make these on Monday

Oh Paula Deen...what you make me want to make and eat!!! For those of you who don't know, I am totally in love with Paula Deen. The woman can do know wrong. You know a stick of butter runs in the opposite directions when they see her coming...although, if I were a stick of butter, I would be honored to be used in a Paula Deen recipe! So, while that's a creepy thought, I am going to make these corn and cheese fritters and then take my dogs and maybe my cat Archie, for a walk to try and walk off all this buttermilk! Thanks Paula for making a wonderful, delicious (even though I haven't tried them yet!) recipe that I can't resist! My dr's gonna kill me when she finds out I ate all of these! Pictures will definitely follow!

Corn and Cheese Fritters
From Cooking with Paula Deen, Web Exclusive

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole buttermilk
2 large eggs
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
1/4 cup chopped green onion
Vegetable oil for frying

Instructions
In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, and salt.
In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and eggs; add to cornmeal mixture, stirring to combine. Stir in corn, cheese, and onion.
In a large Dutch oven, pour oil to a depth of 3 inches; heat oil over medium-high heat to 350˚. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately

1 comment:

scrappermimi said...

Hi Tiffany,

Try mleinbac@verizon.com