Sunday, February 28, 2010

Olive Garden Favorite

I seem to be bombarding this blog with lots of recipes today. I found another one that I am dying to try and make! I love Olive Garden's Chicken and Gnocchi soup. It is my all-time favorite soup. I love going there with Tony and enjoying their all you can eat soup and salad and breadsticks....yummy!!! All I get is the Chicken and Gnocchi soup. Well folks! I may have found a duplicate recipe. Now keep in mind that I haven't made it yet, but here it is. I found it on recipezaar.com! I'm gonna try it and hope for the best!

Chicken and Gnocchi Soup

Ingredients
3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups half-and-half
1 stalk celery, diced
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/2 carrot, shredded
1/2 onion, diced
1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon thyme
salt and pepper
16 ounces potato gnocchi
1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)

Directions
1 Saute the onion, celery, garlic, carrot in oil over medium heat until onion is translucent.
2 Add chicken, chicken stock, half and half, salt and pepper, thyme. Heat to boiling, then add gnocchi. Gently boil for 4 minutes, then turn down to a simmer for 10 minutes.
3 Add spinach and cook for another 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted.
4 (Heat to boiling and add cornstarch dissolved in 1-2 Tbsp water at this point if you want a thicker soup.).
5 Ladle into bowls and serve!

I hope you enjoy it! I will try it and let you know what I think! Give it my stamp of approval or disapproval...let's hope it's good!

No comments: