Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A successful day

Wow...so yesterday was a successful day. I had made some really cute valentine's day gift bags the other day for my bosses for valentine's day. They turned out really cute...thanks oh so much to my cricut! I gave the bags to my bosses and scored some major points I think! I really need to find my camera so that I can show you pics! I think you might like them!! They were so easy to do and so cute! Well, one of the ladies that I work with is in the Cardiac ICU and I thought it would be cute and a nice gesture to make a card for her! I went to my sister's house for some help and we ended up making a really cute card...it took us forever but it did turn out really cute. I think Ms. Shirley will like it!! I'll have the office sign it and we can send it to her on Friday if she's still there...I hope not. I hope we can get it signed and not have to give it to her because she will already be out of the hospital...but I tend not to think so. I think she will still be there. But no matter, it's a cute card and hopefully one that she will like a lot! OOOHHH...I just thought of something I could do that's really cute! I hope I will have time to do it and make it for the card before we send it to her! I will have to go home and do it quickly!!! I'm a freakin genius! GO ME!

Anyway, I will try and find my camera...if it's not in any of my boxes...that means it was stolen by our old roommate...and I will definitely not be happy. Ugh..this is so frustrating.

Well, I have no interesting recipes to give to you...Oh wait...that's not true! I have a great link to give you all with a fabulous recipe that I made for valentine's day. I hope you all enjoy it!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cajun-Chicken-Pasta-2/Detail.aspx

Here it is if you can't access the link!


Cajun Chicken Pasta

Ingredients:

4 ounces linguine pasta
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
halves, sliced into thin strips
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons butter
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 green onion, minced
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
1.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguini pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
2.
Meanwhile, place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl, and toss to coat.
3.
In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in butter until no longer pink and juices run clear, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add green and red bell peppers, sliced mushrooms and green onions; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat, and stir in heavy cream. Season the sauce with basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper, and heat through.
4.
In a large bowl, toss linguini with sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.

Now this recipe only makes 2 servings...I tripled it and didn't have a problem! I do hope you enjoy it! It was very very yummy. And just as good the day after!

Bye for now!

No comments: