Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Saints go Marching On!!!

There....I celebrated the Saints winning the Super Bowl! Don't get me wrong...I love football and I love watching the Super Bowl. I just wasn't in the mood for football today. We did have some fun with some appetizers today. My mom made her awesome bacon wrapped water chesnuts in bbq sauce...totally yummy!! And I made some sausage balls...oh so yummy. Tony and I made Salsiccia Paninas today....it was just a fabulous food day! So...recipes anyone??? Here ya go:

Bacon wrapped Water Chestnuts

1 can water chestnuts
1 lb bacon
1/2 c bbq sauce

Directions:
Wrap one whole water chestnut with a half a piece of bacon. Stick a toothpick in to hold the bacon to the chestnut. Cook the water chestnut 400 degrees until crisp...30-45 minutes. Drizzle a cup of bbq sauce and then bake for 15 minutes.

Sausage Balls

1 lb spicy sausage
1/2 c cold water
8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 c bisquick

Directions:
Mix sausage and cold water in one bowl...I used my hands...feels gross but it's the easiest. In another large bowl, mix cheese and bisquick. Combine meat mixture and bisquick mixture together...again...I used my hands....oh so slimy. Spray a cookie sheet with Pam. Roll sausage mixture into small balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 min. You might want to cut one in half to make sure they are done.

These are totally yummy! You can easily use reg sausage and mild cheddar. Totally awesome. Thanks Diane for a great recipe!

So I'm totally tired and am now going to take a nap! I promise I will post the Salcissia Panina tomorrow. I have another recipe that Tony and my mom made up yesterday...totally awesome! Have a great night!

Tiffany

No comments: