Saturday, February 13, 2010

A venting session

It seems like I have a lot to vent about these days. Today started out horribly, got a lot better, and then went downhill again. See...here's what happened. A lot of you know that Tony has lost his job and we are pretty desperate for money right now. All that said, I am looking for as much overtime as possible. I have told my boss that I needed it and if she had any, please let me know. I will be glad to take it. Well, this morning is the perfect example of favoritism towards someone other than me! I heard that one of the evening girls called in and I immediately stood up from my desk and said that I would be happy to work the overtime. I'm in desperate need of it and all that. Anyway, after I said something about needing the OT...my lead calls someone else and asks her to work the OT. WHAT??? Did I miss something here? So needless to say, that really ticked me off. I know she hates me but I didn't realize the extent. It really hurts when someone knows that you are really needing overtime to make ends meet and then they turn to someone else...who by the way, already had 16 hours. Just thinking about this makes me want to just cry. When I need it soo badly...I just don't get it. What did I do to piss her off that much??? Ugh...anyway, from that fabulous start to my day, Tony and I went to the Hill. This is where things start to look up! I love the Hill in STL. It's one of the nicest and just fabulous places in the city. Everyone is really nice and kind and they just seem to greet you with open arms. Tony and I found a place to live there about a month ago and we keep going in to check and see if it's still available...I think it's destined to be ours because it hasn't been rented yet. Please pray for us that we can get Tony a job so we can get this place. I love it! It's so cute and comfy...and the kitchen...oh yeah!!! I can't wait to start cooking in there! I loved it!...and still do! She doesn't mind the dogs...in fact, she loves them. And here's this...she doesn't mind the cat either. We can keep all three animals and still have a place to live all on our own! YAY!! Going to the Hill just makes me happy. Maybe living there will make me happier and life more fulfilling if I was living on my own and having lots of sunshine and awesome Italian food!!! Yep...sounds great to me!

So after going to the Hill and me being in a much better mood, my husband and I made it to a 7-11. I have been dying for a peach vess soda. Sometimes, there just isn't anything better than a peach Vess Soda. I loved it as a kid but didn't get it much. Anyway, I was craving it and couldn't find it in St. Charles...so my husband and I are driving all over creation trying to find once...we stumbled across this 7-11 and low and behold...there was my peach vess. Oh to say I was excited is an understatement. I was in heaven so I bought 3....you know the slogan for 7-11 right...."oh thank heavens, for seven 11!!!" That's exactly what I thought today.

So after that wonderful, happy thing today...we went to Archivers. I am a big scrapbook nut. I love it. I didn't realize how much I missed it and how much fun I had while doing it. So Tony and I are wandering around St. Louis Mills Mall today and we happen to come across this perfume/cologne store...Tony is almost out of his cologne that I bought him. So I'm like, let's go check out some of the colognes that they have here...because his has been discontinued. We found a perfect one for him...talk about expensive! But...we got it on sale!!!! I love it when we stumble into the perfect sales. So my husband's valentines day gift was a bottle of Ferrari Black...wow does it smell amazing on him...so nice! Very excited about that.

So after we got the cologne, we went to my heavenly store...ARCHIVERS!!! And guess what...they are hiring!!! I'm soo excited...I can feed my habit! Ooohhh...I would love to work at Archivers. It would be soo much fun. The ladies there are so helpful and sweet. I just know I will love working there...so I'm gonna try. In fact, I'm gonna fill out the application tonight while I'm at work...think i'll get in trouble for that...ask me if I really care???

Anyway, so Tony and I are working on some really cute bags to hand out to the bosses and Ms. Evelyn for valentine's day...now if only I can find my stupid cricut cartridges....so frustrating. But anyway...very excited about the prospect of a new part time job doing something that I love.

Okay, so I was great until I woke up from my nap realizing that I was going to have to go back to my job. What is it about this place that really makes me unhappy?? Why do I have such a hard time wanting to come to work? It's been like this since day 2. After my first day, I didn't want to come back....isn't that horrible. I had absolutely no desire to come back to this office. I have hated it since. Oh, I have tried to like it...tried to force myself to realize that it's really not that bad and it's just a job that barely pays the bills. And that worked for like a day....but after that, i just haven't been happy. I really just want to own my own store...I know most of them fail but I really want to try and have a fabulous store...like either scrapbooking or beading or both!!! How cool is that...I can introduce scrapbookers to beading and vice versa....that might be pretty neat!! And a new concept....yep...i think that's what I want to do...eventually. Okay, so I'm done venting I guess....I think i'm going to go and fill out the Archiver's application! Talk to you later...oh, and thank you for letting me vent...sometimes that's all a person needs to do to feel better and I do. So if you are still reading this...Thanks for reading my rampage!

No comments: